If you’re like most, you’ve begrudgingly accepted the fact that your company needs a Facebook presence. While there are a lot of advantages, mainly corporate branding, there are a lot more frustrations that come with setting up a Facebook Company Page.
If your Facebook Company Page is not visible to the general public, the problem then lies in your Settings. The two primary culprits are:
- Age Restrictions
- Country Restriction (eg. United States)
Here’s a quick fix to make your Facebook Company Page visible to the public.
- Login to Facebook
- Make sure you’re on your company page
- Look to the upper left corner – you should see: Page | Activity | Settings
- Click on the Setting link
- Under the General tab (that’s where you are by default) click on Country Restrictions to verify you don’t list a specific country (click the image at the right to enlarge).
- The example below shows that our Facebook Company page will only show in the United States – click the “x” to remove and save your changes.
Check Your Age Restrictions
- Just below the Country Restrictions is Age Restrictions – edit this section so that you are visible to Anyone (13+).
- Click the image to the right to enlarge – it shows this setting as well. Don’t forget to save your changes.
That’s It – Log out of Facebook, then put your Facebook Company Page url (eg: https://www.facebook.com/fmgconsultants) in the address bar of your browser and check to make sure you can see your business without having to login to Facebook.